Herbs for Sleep
What Causes Insomnia?
The inability to fall asleep naturally is called Insomnia. In fact 30-50% of people in the world suffer from some form of insomnia. What Causes Insomnia? It can be either acute insomnia (symptoms just come on quickly and get better within about a week), or chronic insomnia (which is an ongoing inability to get a good night’s rest.)
If you have chronic insomnia, you should do something about it because it can lead to serious illness if you ignore it. Herbs for Sleep stops the cause of insomnia and lets you finally get some much needed healing and restorative sleep so you can be yourself again during your waking hours.
Here are a few of the most common insomnia symptoms (and ways to relieve them naturally) you need to know about if you ever want to get a good night sleep:
- Medications you are taking (read the side effects to see if yours is listed)
- Excess caffeine or stimulants withing 8 hours before bedtime
- Excessive alcohol consumption (more than 2 drinks per day)
- Stress and Excessive Worrying
- Sleep Apnea consider getting a CPAP machine (for snoring, either you or your partner, get a sleep mouthpiece)
- Chronic Pain and Inflammation
- Allergies (get a good hepa air filter if you don’t already have one)
- Changes in your normal surroundings
- Lack of Natural Sunlight (using fluorescent lighting, choose Natural Daylight Bulbs instead)
- Lack of Exercise (even walking 20-40 minutes a few hours before bedtime can help
- Depression or Anxiety (If you have either, then treat it and your insomnia will lessen)
If you have any or many of the above insomnia symptoms then read on and take action on at least one thing and you will be sleeping good and waking refreshed and feeling like you know you should.
How to Relax Your Mind
Your brain chatter can be keeping you awake by thinking about what just happened today or what may happen tomorrow. How to Relax Your Mind by lowering your brain wave state from beta (waking brain) to alpha or theta (relaxed mind.) Meditation can help as it brings you to a calm state where you fully in the present (not thinking about what may happen, or regretting the choices you may have made earlier.)
You can get a Binaural or Isochronic beat audio tract that will put your brain in the exact Delta level “Sleep State” that it needs for deep restorative and relaxing sleep. The beta brain wave frequency is the state we are in when we are wide awake and going about our day. Alpha is that state where our brain becomes more balanced and into relaxation or going deeper into sleep states like, theta and delta (deep sleep).
Sleep Deprivation Treatment
Sleep deprivation can lead to mental and physical illness. It usually begins with a health diet and exercise, which should come as no surprise to most of us. Adding some quality Organic foods (Non-GMO’s have chemicals and hormones in them that cause chronic inflammation and digestive disorders that can keep you awake and running to the bathroom too frequently.) You can use a natural Sleep Deprivation Treatment that makes use of natural cycles and a few natural herbs for insomnia relief.
Watch this short video explaining how you can avoid chronic sleep deprivation and bring peace to both your mind and body:
Herbs for Insomnia
Here are the herbs for insomnia, use them and finally get a deep, sound good night’s rest:
- Herbal Sleep Blend – Use a natural herbal Nature Sleep
- Homeopathic Insomnia Remedy like Insomulex when you really need a good nights sleep. You can use it with the herbal remedy for insomnia as they work very well together.
- Try some Magnesium (400-500mg before bed), Valerian, Skullcap and Melatonin an hour or less before bedtime (it will also help prevent cramps)
- Use Lavender and Chamomile essential oils externally by rubbing a few drops on your neck before bed or take an Epsom salt bath and add a few drops in your bath water
- Try using a Essential Oil Diffuser to lightly scent the air with natural oil scents that naturally make you drowsy and have a good night sleep. If you want to remember your dreams try the Lucid Dreaming Kit.
Natural Ways to Fall Asleep
Here are a few Natural Ways to Fall Asleep. Develop a natural sleep routine. Try most nights to begin unwinding at the same time if possible, like an hour before sleep. You can use these tips to help:
- Listen to Binaural Beats (sleep music) that puts your mind in a Delta Sleep Brainwave State which is the exact state it needs to be in for a deep restful sleep
- Limit Carbohydrate consumption before bed (try cottage cheese, avocado, or a handful of nuts instead)
- Lower light levels, including TV, Computer and Phone Screens. Use a free program called f.lux (it auto adjusts computer or phone light to the warm red spectrum, like a sunset.) Blues tend to keep you awake. I use this program regularly and it really helps
- Lower the temperature in your home to the low 60’s, making sure your bed is comfortable, making sure your room is dark as possible. Light activates your pineal gland. Dark helps you make natural melatonin for restful sleep
- Now go and Get a Good Night’s Sleep!