Natural Insomnia Remedies
The inability to fall asleep naturally, and stay asleep is called Insomnia. It is a very common condition all over the world, especially in countries where there is an abundance of technology and industry. In fact 30-50% of people in the world suffer from some form of insomnia. There are so many things you can do to improve your quantity and quality of sleep naturally. Natural Insomnia Remedies can get you that good night’s sleep in the fastest possible way, without harmful side effects associated with more addictive type prescription medicines.
Being sleepless in Seattle or anywhere else in the world can be detrimental (harmful) to your health. Insomnia worsens your overall health (immune system, heart, fitness level, mental health, longevity and even your appearance.) If you don’t get it naturally treated it can lead to sleep deprivation which is even more serious and can even be fatal. It’s not necessary as there are natural ways you will discover here that can help you get a complete and full nights deep sleep and wake up feeling totally refreshed and be at the top of your game.
What Causes Insomnia?
The inability to fall asleep naturally is called Insomnia. In fact 30-50% of people in the world suffer from some form of insomnia. What Causes Insomnia? It can be either, transitional insomnia where it is one or two days then goes away naturally, acute insomnia (symptoms just come on quickly and get better within about a week), or chronic insomnia (which is an ongoing inability to get a good night’s rest.)
There are many causes of insomnia as you can see from the diagram above. The most common reasons why you can’t fall asleep are mental (excess mind chatter or overthinking things,) medical (prescription medicine use, sleep apnea, restless legs, or other condition,) or social/work issues (work late, have to give support to friends or family members.) Here are some common insomnia causes:
- Medications you are taking (read the side effects to see if yours is listed)
- Restless Leg Syndrome (See: Natural Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome)
- Excess caffeine or stimulants withing 8 hours before bedtime
- Excessive alcohol consumption (more than 2 drinks per day)
- Stress and Excessive Worrying
- Sleep Apnea consider getting a CPAP machine
- Chronic Pain and Inflammation
- Allergies (See: Natural Remedies for Allergies)
- Changes in your normal surroundings
- Lack of Natural Sunlight (using fluorescent lighting, choose Natural Daylight Bulbs instead)
- Lack of Exercise (even walking 20-40 minutes a few hours before bedtime can help
- Depression or Anxiety (If you have either, then treat it and your insomnia will lessen)
If you have chronic insomnia, you should do something about it because it can lead to serious illness if you ignore it. Herbs for Sleep stops the cause of insomnia and lets you finally get some much needed healing and restorative sleep so you can be yourself again during your waking hours.
Symptoms of Insomnia
Here are a few of the most common Symptoms of Insomnia (and ways to relieve them naturally) you need to know about if you ever want to get a good night sleep:
- Difficulty Falling Asleep
- Difficulty Staying Asleep
- Waking Up Frequently
- Unrefreshing Sleep (You feel like you haven’t slept at all)
- Daytime Sleepiness or Narcolepsy
- Difficulty Concentrating and Paying Attention to Anything
- Increased Weight Gain
- Changes in Eating Habits (You may not feel hungry, but have to eat anyway)
If you have any or many of the above insomnia symptoms then read on and take action on at least one thing and you will be sleeping good and waking refreshed and feeling like you know you should.\
How to Relax Your Mind
Your brain chatter can be keeping you awake by thinking about what just happened today or what may happen tomorrow. Discover How to Relax Your Mind naturally by lowering your brain wave state from beta (waking brain) to alpha or theta (relaxed mind.) Meditation can help as it brings you to a calm state where you fully in the present (not thinking about what may happen, or regretting the choices you may have made earlier.)
You can get a Binaural or Isochronic beat audio tract that will put your brain in the exact Delta level “Sleep State” that it needs for deep restorative and relaxing sleep. The beta brain wave frequency is the state we are in when we are wide awake and going about our day. Alpha is that state where our brain becomes more balanced and into relaxation or going deeper into sleep states like, theta and delta (deep sleep).
Treatment of Sleep Deprivation
Treatment of Sleep Deprivation can help prevent serious mental and physical illness associated with lack of quality sleep. It usually begins with a healthier diet and at least 20 minutes of daily exercise (walking is great), which should come as no surprise to most of us. Adding some quality Organic foods (Non-GMO’s have chemicals and hormones in them that cause chronic inflammation and digestive disorders that can keep you awake and running to the bathroom too frequently.)
You can use a natural Sleep Deprivation Treatment that makes use of natural cycles and a few specific, vitamins, minerals and herbs for insomnia relief. Use a natural Homeopathic Insomnia Remedy like Insomulex as it can help you prevent sleep deprivation and reprogram your sleep/wake cycle or circadian rhythm so you can be fully awake when you need to be and fully asleep when you want to be. You can use it with the herbal remedy for insomnia as they work very well together. It is a mind body spirit approach that stops overthinking, fear of negative dreams and stops the physical things that keep you awake by using the latest technology (best sleep bedding) combined with the proper nutrition.
Natural Ways to Fall Asleep
Here are a few Natural Ways to Fall Asleep. Develop a natural sleep routine. Try most nights to begin unwinding at the same time if possible, like an hour before sleep. You can use these tips to help:
- Listen to Binaural Beats (sleep music) that puts your mind in a Delta Sleep Brainwave State which is the exact state it needs to be in for a deep restful sleep
- Limit Carbohydrate consumption before bed (try cottage cheese, avocado, or a handful of nuts instead)
- Lower light levels, including TV, Computer and Phone Screens. Use a free program called f.lux or Iris (it auto adjusts computer or phone light to the warm red spectrum, like a sunset.) Blues tend to keep you awake. I use this program regularly and it really helps. You can find them for your computer or as an app for your iPhone or Android devices. I use it on both and they help prepare me for sleep gradually.
- Lower the temperature in your home to the low 60’s, making sure your bed is comfortable, making sure your room is dark as possible. Light activates your pineal gland. Dark helps you make natural melatonin for restful sleep
- Sleep on the Right Mattress for you (I never though I’d like a foam type mattress, as I sleep hot, but the newer ones have gel cooling so they’re breathable and give better support than ones 10 times the cost (I used to use a 3k Sleep Number bed, they are great but I sleep even better now!) I also use a bamboo mattress protector as they are cooler and breathable and they work so well together. See Nectar Gel Foam Mattress (365 day no risk trial, Forever Warranty, Free Shipping and Returns and an amazing 4.8 out of 5 Star Review with over 5736 customer reviews.) I’m using mine now and being a mostly side sleeper, my shoulder that used to hurt doesn’t anymore)
- Use the Best Herbs for Sleep (below)
Herbs for Insomnia
Here are the most important vitamins, minerals and Herbs for Insomnia. Use them separately or ideally together and get that good night’s deep sleep you so desperately need!,
- Herbal Sleep Blend – Use a natural herbal Nature Sleep
- Vitamin Deficiency (Iron Supplement, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, Magnesium)
- Calcium & Magnesium blend. Take a Orotate based Cal-Mag blend as they work best together (1 tablet or capsule 30-45 minutes before bed.), see: Best Calcium Magnesium Supplement
- Valerian, Lemon Balm, Goji Berry and Melatonin an hour or less before bedtime (These plus magnesium are in the herbal sleep blend Nature Sleep)
- Use Organic Essential Oils: Lavender and Chamomile work well externally by rubbing a few drops on your neck before bed or take an Epsom salt bath and add a few drops in your bath water. They even have a Lucid Sleep Oils that helps you stay asleep and even have pleasant dreams you remember!