What Are Herbal Remedies?
What are Herbal Remedies? Did you know that most all modern medicines originally came from natural plant sources called Medicinal Herbs? Shamanic cultures all over the world have been using plants as medicine for thousands of years successfully. Our current medical model began using natural plant sources as the basis for all their medications. Yup, that’s how it all started.
Unfortunately for all of us that’s not the way it works anymore. Most prescription medicines that you get from your doctor are made in laboratories using chemical compounds instead. They are made up of an “active” ingredient that is supposed to be a magic bullet to take care of what ever symptom we are experiencing.
Now that is all fine and dandy, except that they frequently lead to taking even more medicines to get rid of the harmful side effects of the medicine you were prescribed. Don’t get me wrong, they can be a Godsend in emergency situations and can even save your life. They are just not good for chronic conditions or long-term usage.
Benefits of Medicinal Herbs
What are the Benefits of Medicinal Herbs? The side effects of chemical medicines are far worse than the symptoms you were looking to get relief from, and many times even fatal! You can grow your own medicine in your own garden, using Herbal Remedies and Spices as safe and effective natural medicine. You can make sure it’s grown organically without chemical fertilizers and pesticides that weaken your herbal remedies and can make you ill.
These natural herb and spice plants can be used from culinary purposes (making food taste better) to making powerful herbal concoctions that can save your life and keep you out of your doctors office. Here is how you can use healing herbs for medicinal purposes and improve many areas of your health and life naturally:
- Relieve chronic conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia, IBS and Constipation
- Reduce cancerous tumors and expedite healing (relieve side effects of medical cancer treatment)
- Boost you immune system (prevent and heal quicker from infections)
- Improve your cardiovascular health and performance
- Emergency first aid for many conditions
- Relieve asthma and allergy symptoms without harmful side effects
- Balance heart conditions like blood pressure and blood sugar levels naturally
- Balance your hormone levels, restore them to optimum levels
- Improve your hair, nails and skin texture and strength
- Improve your vision, hearing, taste and smell
- Sleep better with more restful REM sleep
- Improve energy levels, stamina and endurance
- Improve mood and boost your memory
- Look and feel like your youthful self
- Plus heal from most every condition (there is a natural remedy for every ailment under the sun)
The best way to take herbal remedies is in a blend as opposed to isolated herbs. You can use them like that but extracts and synchronistic herbs can boost their effectiveness and safety many times over. Also make sure to use Distilled Water to make any herbal or plant medicines, as it is an “empty water” that will draw the nutrients into itself!
Herbs as Medicine
Herbs as Medicine and their uses. You probably already have some of these medicinal herbs in your home or growing in your garden. They can be dried or prepared as a concoction (tea or extract) or if you don’t have a green thumb, you can buy these already made for specific health issues. They can be powerful natural medicine and should be taken with liquid, although some can be chewed on like ginger or a clove bud for toothache.
- Ashwagandha (Adaptogen for stress, energy and fatigue)
- Cannabinoids (Nature’s Relief for pain, anxiety, insomnia and even cancer)
- Tulsi Holy Basil (Great natural detox herb, great for fluoride removal)
- Milk Thistle (Good for feeding and healing your liver)
- Ginseng Root (Great for energy and clarity of mind)
- Aloe Vera (Stomach healer, skin healer for cuts and burns)
- Medicinal Mushrooms (Powerful Immune Booster and anti-cancer)
- Oregano Oil (Powerful antiviral and antimicrobial infection prevention)
- Turmeric Curcumin (Best Natural Anti inflammatory and Arthritis Reliever)
Look at the above herbal remedies list to see some of the most common herbs used as medicine and to add years to your life. These are just a handful of the herb I find most useful, and there are thousands more for whatever your individual need is. Choose organic herbs or wildcrafted herbs or herbal remedies if you can get them.
Once you begin using the wisdom of nature you will save the chemical medicines for emergency use only as they throw your body out of balance and health. They can be indispensable in case of emergencies as I have personally witnessed being a former medic. They just don’t do a very good job for long-term health. Natural medicines are superior for long-term health. Herbal remedies bring your body back to balance and can be used in emergencies as well, and are even better for long term health and wellness.
Natural Herbal Remedies are plants that have medicinal value and use. They have thousands of years of usage to heal and balance a person, mind body and spirit. Like all medicines they have to be used wisely. No one plant, herb or medicine works for everyone. We have individual needs and things that we need to bring in balance. So always start with a small dose of any herbal remedies and work your way up to the right dose for you.
The best herbal remedies help you look, feel and perform at your best, without harmful side effects. Plants have an inner wisdom to them and their medicine works best when taken together as a whole, not just the isolated active chemical. As Dr. Deepak Chopra says “Modern medicine takes some knowledge from plants, but throws away the wisdom in it.”
The best way to get your herbal medicine is to grow it if you can. Even common backyard weeds or ones you find in the wild can have very healing and life-saving properties. Good to know in emergencies or if you are want it as part of your prepper supplies (having a plan for emergencies is pure wisdom.)
If want to learn where to access healing herbs and plants in nature, then there is a great resource that if extremely helpful to you. See the How to Make Your Own Herbal Remedies guide above for a great way to learn which herbs growing in your yard or on the trail are safe and very healing, and which ones you really need to avoid at all costs.
Herbal Remedies have been used safely and successfully since the dawn of time, unlike modern medicine which is only about a century old, and with many harmful side effects and problems. To see the most common herbs as medicine, visit the homepage and use the menus or search bar to find the best herb for you today! See: Herbal Remedies.