Herbs for Depression
Feelings of Depression and Anxiety can happen to anyone at any time. Sometimes you can just wake up and for no particular reason feel slightly or even heavily depressed. It could be from dealing with a bad dream, or having challenging negative thoughts run wild through your mind. It can be from not feeling loved, or having no family or true friends. There are many reasons why we can feel depressed at times, sometimes life’s circumstances can give us a reason to feel depression if we don’t seem to know how “feel ourselves” again. The Best Herbs for Depression can help you get back to being you.
I’m sure you’ve heard the “depressing” story of how Robin Williams, one of my favorite actors, comedians and just wonderful person took his life. The reason why is he felt powerless over his destiny and health concerns most likely do to imbalanced brain chemistry leading to dementia that he did not want to face. He battled depression for years, but hid it really well. We know these feelings exist and you may have every right to feel that way temporarily. Just realize that there are answers to the question “How Can I Feel Happy Again?” You can take your feelings of depression and turn that same energy into something that will make your heart pitter patter once again. The first step is not to deny it, but to acknowledge it, take ownership of it, and realize that is just where I am at right now.
Why Do I Feel Depressed?
Why do I feel Depressed for no reason? I used to ask myself that quite a bit. I’ve personally lost my mother to suicide when I was a teenager. My father also transitioned after years of heavy drinking and drug abuse. I also didn’t have any other living relatives that seemed to gave a darn about me. I grew up in many foster homes, boys homes (friends came and gone, just like that because of constant relocation, so I felt like I had no friends either.) I got tired of some of the abuse of these foster homes so I moved out and on the streets, till that got too dangerous and unproductive for me. So I can definitely identify with some of the things you may be going through right now too. I eventually joined the United States Marine Corps and got some structure to my life.
It was a step in the right direction at that time in my life. I’ve since learned how to live life the way I want to and discovered things that work very well for me and have helped others move into happiness, no matter what is going on around them. I’ve even personally helped a few people who were on the bridge of suicide, take power over their thoughts and they are the shining beautiful people I knew they really were. The same can be your story with a few changes of thought. There are some things here that will definitely help you accept, then release those feelings and move into the happier state you were born to live. If you are having thoughts of suicide, then before you do anything else, please call a Crisis Hotline or Suicide Prevention.
Causes for Clinical Depression
The main Causes for Clinical Depression can be due to many things. Here are a few of the most common ones:
- Death of a close family member or loved one
- Severe illness of a close family member or loved one
- Breakup or Termination of an important relationship
- Divorce (or relocation of a spouse or partner)
- Financial Hardships (job instability or termination, lawsuits)
- Living in the past (still hanging on to hurts from childhood or later)
- Chemical Addictions (prescription or recreational)
- Legal Issues (the loss of the feelings of freedom)
- Unsure of how or why you are feeling this way (common)
The causes can be known or unknown, but the symptoms are very real and you do need to let people you can trust know. Or if you are feeling like you have no one to trust at the moment, sometimes going to a nature spot like a beautiful park or walking along the ocean can really help you feel more grounded. By using a Holistic Treatment for Depression you can let go of all that unneeded stuff, that probably isn’t even yours anyway, and allow the natural feelings of wellness and happiness to move into your mind body and spirit.
Depression Signs and Symptoms
There specific Depression Signs and Symptoms that you will notice when you or someone you know or love is dealing with depression. Here are a few of the most common signs and symptoms of clinical depression:
- Excessive sadness
- Feeling continuously tired
- Trouble focusing or concentrating
- Feeling unhappy in life
- Feelings of anger and frustration
- Loss of interest things you once loved
- Insomnia (too much or too little sleep)
- Food cravings change
- Overeating or starving yourself
- Feeling isolated and alone
- Excessive worrying about things that won’t happen
- Social anxiety
- Feeling guilty or to blame
- Always feeling some type of pain
- Abusing alcohol or drugs
- Thoughts of suicide or harming yourself (cutting)
If you are feeling one or more of the above signs of depression then you should take some positive action so you don’t end up in an endless cycle of feeling depressed and then thinking negatively over and over again. There some natural and alternative remedies for depression that really work and will lift your spirits when you just can’t do it alone.
Holistic Treatment for Depression
- Natural Sunlight – Get at least 20 min. of direct sunlight (except 10am-2pm)
- Full Spectrum Lighting (Provides natural mood enhancement as well as natural vitamin D)
- Homeopathic Remedies for Depression (Natural way to stop negative thoughts and emotions)
- Fluoride Free Water – (Fluoride, although the active ingredient in Prozac and other prescription medications, actually leads to deeper depression and is a brain toxin)
- Exercise – At least 20 min. per day of any exercise, even walking (outdoors preferable)
- Watch Comedy and Listen to Uplifting Music
- Color Therapy (choose bright colors, particularly vibrant ones like yellow and green)
- Emotional Freedom Technique– The Emotional Freedom Technique works extremely well for suffering with depression. You simply tap on specific acupuncture points to release the stored memories that trigger negative or depressing thoughts or actions. You then replace those negative memories that are causing you to feel and reactive in a negative way with a positive responses. It works really well for all types of depression, anxiety, chronic illnesses, stress relief, performance enhancement, and even for overcoming phobias)
- Depression Free Therapy -For Moderate to Severe Depression Relief (A system that helps you understand why you’re feeling depressed and how to move into happiness and get the load off of your shoulders)
Use any of the above natural therapies along with some simple Herbs That Help With Depression, and let it work for and with you. Let depression check out, and more harmonious vibrations to check in. Get nature on your side and the fog will lift and you will feel your place in this universe again.
Herbs That Help With Depression
Fortunately for all of us God (as well as Science and Mother Nature) have given us some assistance on our path to finding joy in life. Sometimes there is a biological reason we seem “stuck” by life and don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is usually due to a chemical imbalance in your brain that causes thoughts of depression and emotions that feed those negative thoughts. There are some really great natural vitamins, minerals and Herbs That Help With Depression that can re-create that natural chemical balance in your brain so you begin to feel better and have more positive thoughts. It can help you break depression when you just can’t do it alone.
Begin by adding a few of these natural herbal remedies to your daily routine and you can at least help move your mental outlook to a much brighter one.
- ProVanax – Organic Herbal Supplement (pictured above) that helps you begin to feel better (mental and emotional mood boosting) without any negative side effect – Non-Addictive and healing to your whole body.
- Lithium Orotate – (Dr. John Gray “Women Are From Venus, Men Are From Mars” recommends this
- Organic CBD Oil – (Your brain has thousands of cannabinoid receptors that respond to CBD, it is a natural mood elevator that helps stop your brain talk of endless depression
- Vitamin D3 – The sunshine vitamin helps balance mood and body pH levels
- SAMe – A Natural Mood Elevator (200mg, 2 twice a day)
- St. John’s Wort Organic St. John’s Wort is a natural herb that is great for depression relief
I do not recommend the use of any prescription medications except in emergency situations as it is only a temporary band-aid that just covers up the source of the problem. What you really want to do is to move past those feelings and regain (or experience for the first time) the joy in life that is your birth right! My personal favorite is Organic CBD Gummies (pictured below) because they are so easy to take and they have a great taste too. I instantly improve my mood when feeling a little blue for any reason or no reason at all. Click on the CBD Gum to see the gum packet sizes and details.