Natural Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome
Nothing is worse than not being able to relieve the constant urge to move your legs, especially when you really need to get some restful sleep. The medical treatment is usually with dopamine raising drug, but these always seem to have very serious side effects, sometimes worse than the original condition you were seeking help from. Natural Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome can stop it from keeping you up at night or at inconvenient times, without being dependent on them and with the harmful side effects.
I have had bouts of RLS that kept me from being able to get a good REM sleep. I woke up feeling exhausted and unable to concentrate normally. It is nerve wrecking when you can’t get relief no matter what position I get in, or how much stretching I was doing. I didn’t realize what the cause and cure was at the time. But I am sure glad I finally discovered how to treat restless leg syndrome naturally and you will be too.
What is Restless Legs?
What is Restless Legs? If you’ve ever had the misfortune of getting ready to go to sleep, and then out of nowhere you get the sudden and constant urge to move your legs. The feeling just won’t leave, and sometimes can be experienced with severe painful cramps. No matter what you do you can’t seem to get lasting relief. You can’t find the comfortable position to calm your legs. That is the description of Restless Legs (Restless Leg Syndrome or RLS for short.)
RLS is also referred to PLMS (Periodic Leg Muscle Disorder) and the natural remedies and treatments are the same. You’re probably wondering what the causes of restless legs are. In most cases it comes down to three main things that you need to be aware of and correct if you want to be free from this uncomfortable condition.
Causes of Restless Leg Syndrome
There are few common Causes of Restless Leg Syndrome that you should be aware of:
- Mineral Deficiency (Usually Low Iron levels in your body)
- Hormonal Imbalance (Usually Low Dopamine levels in your body)
- Elevated Toxin Level in the body (heavy metals, neurotoxins)
Here is what makes it worse:
- Glutamate intake (MSG)
- Using Prescription Depression medications
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Nervous System Disorders
RLS is usually worsened with stress so exercising, swimming or even walking can help you relieve some excess stress and lessen your restless legs to an extent. It can cause severe insomnia and sleep deprivation so you need to take care of that because lack of sleep is the cause of many chronic conditions, see: Natural Insomnia Remedies
Restless Leg Syndrome Pregnancy
What leads to Restless Legs in Pregnancy? Your growing baby gets first nibs at the nutrients you have flowing through your bloodstream. This means your natural hormones, vitamins and minerals that are needed to form a healthy baby’s body and brain are taken from your bloodstream if it is available. If it isn’t it is taken from your bones and organs where it is usually stored.
You can prevent this from happening by eating plenty of dark leafy greens or taking a safe and absorbable iron supplement (see: Best Iron Supplement) with a calcium and magnesium orotate. The orotates are the most absorbable and safe for you and your growing baby, as it is high quality minerals unlike the cheaper types that can’t be absorbed and end up in your joints causing arthritis!
Restless Leg Syndrome Symptoms
Do you have any of the following Restless Leg Syndrome Symptoms?
- Pain in a specific area of your legs
- Very Painful Cramping that doesn’t easily go away, even if you stretch
- Automatic Jerking movements in your legs
- Automatic Leg Twitching
- Tightness or Stiffness
- A feeling of heaviness in your legs
- Burning sensation
If you or a loved one is going through one or more of the above Restless Leg Syndrome symptoms, then you are probably dealing with RLS. Now, let’s see the most common causes and natural remedies for RLS.
Restless Leg Syndrome Relief
The main culprits appear to be accumulation of toxins, mineral deficiency and poor nutrition. Treat the cause of RLS by taking care of those main issues and you will get lasting Restless Leg Syndrome Relief. They are all connected so when you help one issue, you are helping treat or prevent the other ones at the same time. Next is avoiding any toxins in the first place, particularly those that mess with your nervous system; aspartame (NutraSweet,) Glutamate (MSG), fluoride (Sodium Fluoride) and heavy metals like mercury and aluminum.
A good detox with natural zeolites can help your body get rid of most of those toxins and safely flush them out of your body. Consider using a natural remedy for restless leg syndrome to get the fastest relief and prevent further RLS occurrences from happening again. I’ve had RLS before and it made it hard to go out because I was afraid of what would happen if I was driving and my legs started cramping on me. Fortunately I’ve since discovered lasting restless leg syndrome relief, naturally. Doing a good fully body chemical detox using a zeolite based cleanse can help get the neurotoxins out and allow the necessary minerals to be fully absorbed and prevent your restless legs for good.
Remedies for RLS
What are the best Remedies for RLS? The best natural remedies for restless legs include the minerals that that are deficient during RLS. Iron and Magnesium are the ones you need to keep up so your nerves and muscles can fully relax and feel as ease. Homeopathic remedies are also great because they work to balance your hormones, and bring back your body (and restless legs) to their normal healthy state. Quinine based drinks and supplements also calm the nerves and urge to keep moving your legs to perceived pain. Cannabinoids are the ultimate nervous system calmer and has a total body healing and protecting effect.
Best Remedies for Restless Legs:
- Zeotrex – Natural Zeolite based chemical and toxin detox.
- Iron Fuzion – Mineral deficiency is the biggest issue with RLS Symptoms and Iron is tops followed by Magnesium) Iron Fuzion is an Organic Iron from natural Plant Sources and is fully absorbable.
- IntraCal – Calcium and Magnesium work together as a system to keep your bones, joints and nervous system working properly. Magnesium is usually deficient in RLS and Calcium is needed so Magnesium can be properly absorbed. The Orotate minerals are the best absorbed so they are highly recommended.
- Organic CBD Oil – Organic CBD Oil or Salve works wonders to calm your nerves, ease away any pain and helps you feel totally relaxed. It has a very powerful healing effect on your body and is even cancer preventative. Always choose organic, because the pharmaceutical companies are now making genetically engineered GMO synthetic CBD Cannabinoids and hemp seed products which are very harmful!
- Quinine – Quinine naturally calms and reduces Leg Cramps and lessens RLS Symptoms.
- Weighted Blanket – Using a weighted blanket over your legs can help prevent night bouts of restless legs because the pressure is enough to stop your RLS sensations and even help you sleep better. I like the cooling one because it gives me comfort yet coolness.