Natural Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome
Nothing is worse than not being able to relieve the constant urge to move your legs, especially when you really need to get some restful sleep. The medical treatment is usually with dopamine raising drug, but these always seem to have very serious side effects, sometimes worse than the original condition you were seeking help from. Natural Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome can stop it from keeping you up at night or at inconvenient times, without being dependent on them and with the harmful side effects.
I have had bouts of RLS that kept me from being able to get a good REM sleep. I woke up feeling exhausted and unable to concentrate normally. It is nerve wrecking when you can't get relief no matter what position I get in, or how much stretching I was doing. I didn't realize what the cause and cure was at the time. But I am sure glad I finally discovered how to treat restless leg syndrome naturally and you will be too.
What is Restless Legs Syndrome?
What is Restless Legs Syndrome? If you've ever had the misfortune of getting ready to go to sleep, and then out of nowhere you get the sudden and constant urge to move your legs. The feeling just won't leave, and sometimes can be experienced with severe painful cramps. No matter what you do you can't seem to get lasting relief. You can't find the comfortable position to calm your legs. That is the description of Restless Legs (Restless Leg Syndrome or RLS for short.)
RLS is also referred to PLMS (Periodic Leg Muscle Disorder) and the natural remedies and treatments are the same. You're probably wondering what the causes of restless legs are. In most cases it comes down to three main things that you need to be aware of and correct if you want to be free from this uncomfortable condition. It is not a permanent condition if you start using the best natural remedies for restless leg syndrome (as shown at the bottom of this page.)
Causes of Restless Leg Syndrome
What causes Restless Leg Syndrome? RLS can be nerve wrecking, especially when it happens at night, and interrupts your ability to get a good night's sleep. Here are the most common Causes of Restless Leg Syndrome that may be keeping you up at night:
- Mineral Deficiency (Usually Low Iron levels in your body)
- Hormonal Imbalance (Usually Low Dopamine levels in your body)
- Elevated Toxin Level in the body (heavy metals, neurotoxins)
Here is what makes it worse:
- Glutamate intake (MSG)
- Using Prescription Depression medications
- Parkinson's Disease
- Nervous System Disorders
RLS is usually worsened with stress so exercising, swimming or even walking can help you relieve some excess stress and lessen your restless legs to an extent. It can cause severe insomnia and sleep deprivation so you need to take care of that because lack of sleep is the cause of many chronic conditions, see: Natural Insomnia Remedies
Restless Leg Syndrome in Pregnancy
What leads to Restless Leg Syndrome in Pregnancy? Your growing baby gets first nibs at the nutrients you have flowing through your bloodstream. This means your natural hormones, vitamins and minerals that are needed to form a healthy baby's body and brain are taken from your bloodstream if it is available. If it isn't it is taken from your bones and organs where it is usually stored.
You can prevent this from happening by eating plenty of dark leafy greens or taking a safe and absorbable iron supplement (see: Best Iron Supplement) with full spectrum magnesium (one of the best natural remedies for restless leg syndrome) are the most absorbable and safe for you and your growing baby, as it is high quality minerals unlike the cheaper types that can't be absorbed and end up in your joints causing arthritis. Combining natural iron, magnesium and herbs are the best natural remedies for restless leg syndrome and will give you lasting relief (most of the time getting rid of RLS for good!)
Symptoms for Restless Leg Syndrome
How do you know if you have RLS? Be aware of what symptoms you are feeling in your legs and see if it matches the signs of restless legs. Do you have any of the following Symptoms for Restless Leg Syndrome?
- Pain in a specific area of your legs
- Very Painful Cramping that doesn't easily go away, even if you stretch
- Automatic Jerking movements in your legs
- Automatic Leg Twitching
- Tightness or Stiffness
- A feeling of heaviness in your legs
- Burning sensation
If you or a loved one is going through one or more of the above Restless Leg Syndrome symptoms, then you are probably dealing with RLS. Now, let's see the most common causes and natural remedies for restless leg syndrome.
How to Stop Restless Leg Syndrome
How to Stop Restless Leg Syndrome. When your body's pH balance becomes imbalanced it leads to muscle and nervous system issues like cramping, twitches and restless leg syndrome or RLS symptoms. When you restore proper balance the reason why you are having these uncomfortable symptoms is no longer there, and your symptoms stop, completely. So, What is the best treatment for restless leg syndrome? Restoring natural balance with Magnesium and Iron are the #1 minerals people are deficent in and are the best natural remedies for restless leg syndrome.
It quickly restores balance and your symptoms stop for good! It is working for people who were dealing with restless legs and are now free from their RLS symptoms and can now sleep through the night. I've had RLS before and it made it hard to go out because I was afraid of what would happen if I was driving and my legs started cramping on me. Fortunately I've since discovered lasting restless leg syndrome relief, using the best natural remedies for restless leg syndrome (as shown below.) It will absolutely stop your leg twitches and uncomfortableness due to neuromuscular imbalances.
Magnesium For Restless Leg
Magnesium for restless leg syndrome. Most people have way too much calcium in their bodies because most foods now are highly calcium fortified (and it’s the wrong type of junk calcium that can’t be absorbed!) Sea shell calcium supplements can’t be absorbed fully by your body and end up in your joints as joint deposits and bone spurs. They also end up clogging your arteries as arteriosclerosis and in your brain as memory problems and dementia.
Excess calcium competes with magnesium in your body and leads to stiffness in joints, muscle cramping, nerve pain and depression feelings! Natural full spectrum magnesium is one of the best natural remedies for restless leg syndrome and brings calm to mind and body and properly balances every cell in your body. 90% of all people are deficient in natural magnesium and it leads to all types of health conditions like anxiety, panic, depression, SAD, restless legs, arthritis, heart disease, insomnia, constipation, muscle cramps and weak bones and teeth.
Choosing a natural full spectrum magnesium like Magnesium Breakthrough (which has all 7 types of elemental magnesium) and is proven to give you a natural healing effects you can feel, body and mind. It is #1 natural mineral for anxiety relief. It just naturally calms so you look and feel relaxed and in control.
Herbal Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome
What are the best Natural Herbal Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome? The best natural remedies for restless legs include the minerals that that are deficient during RLS. Iron and Magnesium are the ones you need to keep up so your nerves and muscles can fully relax and feel as ease. Homeopathic remedies are also great because they work to balance your hormones, and bring back your body (and restless legs) to their normal healthy state.
The best herbal natural remedies for restless leg syndrome include Herbs and Quinine based drinks and supplements. These natural herbs for RLS also calm the nerves and urge to keep moving your legs to perceived pain. Cannabinoids are the ultimate nervous system calmer and has a total body healing and protecting effect.
Best Natural Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS):
- RLS-H Best Natural Remedy for Restless Leg Syndrome (Gives you all the top nutrients needed to stop restless legs.
- Mind Body Matrix is a topical cream you rub on your legs (or any other muscle or nerve pain location) that naturally relaxes the legs that are prone to restless leg syndrome.
- Full Spectrum Magnesium is a natural pink mineral that soothes and relaxes smooth muscle. It is a natural cramp reliever (good for restless leg syndrome or RLS) as well as a mental relaxer. It promotes a mentally quiet peaceful deep sleep where you wake up naturally refreshed! It also prevents constipation and cleanses your colon.
- Natural Iron – Mineral deficiency is the biggest issue with RLS Symptoms and Iron is tops followed by Magnesium) Natural Iron is an Organic Iron from natural Plant Sources and is fully absorbable.
- Organic CBD Oil – Organic CBD Oil or Salve works wonders to calm your nerves, ease away any pain and helps you feel totally relaxed. It has a very powerful healing effect on your body and is even cancer preventative. Always choose organic, because the pharmaceutical companies are now making genetically engineered GMO synthetic CBD Cannabinoids and hemp seed products which are very harmful!
- Quinine – Quinine naturally calms and reduces Leg Cramps and lessens RLS Symptoms.
- Weighted Blanket – Using a weighted blanket over your legs can help prevent night bouts of restless legs because the pressure is enough to stop your RLS sensations and even help you sleep better. I like the cooling one because it gives me comfort yet coolness.
When your minerals are in proper balance you won't have to deal with cramps, restless leg syndrome, nerve pain or even insomnia. Use the above natural remedies for restless leg syndrome and you will sleep much better now!