Natural Remedies for Osteoporosis
The best cure for Osteoporosis is not a Treatment for Osteoporosis, it is preventing osteoporosis before it happens. If you’re younger than 60 years old, there is plenty you can do. Weight bearing exercise, diet with plenty of organic green vegetables or juices, natural calcium sources (not chemical pill form calcium, which does more harm than good), magnesium and alkaline water.
One of the best ways to prevent Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis is to be out in natural sunlight for at least 20-30 minutes per day. It doesn’t have to be when the sun is most intense, or on high UV sunlight days. I like to do power walking (moderate walking speed without stopping.) Not mall walking, as you stop too often, and don’t get the benefit of sunlight.
And the fluorescent lights weaken your bones, heart and immune system as well. Earlier in the morning or late afternoon walks are the best, where you can get some natural sunlight directly on your skin. Don’t be afraid of skin cancer or use sunscreen, as it causes skin cancer not prevents it. Natural Sunlight reacts with your skin and creates natural vitamin D3, which creates bone density, increases melatonin output (healthier sleep cycle) and improves your mood.
If you live in an area where there is little direct sunlight or you just can’t get outside, then you can get natural full spectrum lighting in your home or room and still get the benefits of natural sunlight. Just make sure it is not fluorescent bulbs, but standard or LED lights. You can find some good ones here: Full Spectrum LED Lights.
Signs of Osteoporosis
There are some common signs of osteoporosis that can alert you to begin preventing osteoporosis if you are experiencing any of them, or a combination of them.
- Bone Pain or Tenderness to the touch
- Stooped Posture
- Getting a Fracture with little or no trauma
- Neck or Back Pain due to fractures
- Loss of height over time
As a former medic I have discovered that you actually can get a fracture, before you fall down! It was thought before that you fall then fracture your hip, leg, etc. But it has now been discovered that you actually sustain a fracture first, sometimes without a trauma because of the brittle condition of your bones. You will be able to “feel it in your bones” when they are weakening. If you start your osteoporosis prevention and treatment regimen quickly you need not suffer with it very long!
Following a good bone building diet like the osteoporosis diet can help you build strong bone density. Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables, organic highly recommended! Nuts and flaxseeds can be very helpful too. Organic milk or calcium orotate and magnesium should be added to your diet now as it is the building block of your bone matrix and is the most absorbable type of calcium.
It really has more to do with the balance and type of calcium than anything else. The wrong type of calcium can actually take it out of your bones. It needs to be in balance. You can get vitamin D3 (the most readily available form for your body to absorb) as a supplement or even from being outside with natural sunlight on your skin. You can safely do this before 10:00am and after 4:00pm on most days. If you are fair skinned start with 10 minutes per day and work your way up to 20.
Osteoporosis and Menopause
Osteoporosis and Menopause. Osteoporosis is increasingly common in menopausal women because of the hormonal changes in their bodies. Taking a couple hormone balancing herbs like Dong Quai and Black Cohosh if you’re menopausal can be a big help. It will help replace what is being flushed from your body while your hormones are changing to a new level.
Also be sure to eat lots of green leafy vegetables, celery, organic free range eggs and organic butter, and use only natural sea salt (or pink Himalayan salt) as your salt because of the higher magnesium content. You can find out more about them here at: Natural Remedies for Menopause.
Any weight bearing exercise is highly recommended. Walking, particularly in natural sunlight is great. Some resistance training machines. Join a local gym and have them show you plenty of joint friendly cable machines that help build strong bones without a lot of hassle. It’s actually easy and quite fun, and you meet a lot of nice health conscious people there. They are normally friendly and in good moods because of the positive effects of exercise on the mind and body. Be one of them and it will benefit you immensely!
How to Treat Osteoporosis
Follow this general guideline and you’ll not only relieve the pain and immobility but you’ll actually treat the cause of your Osteoporosis and build a great foundation for your future:
- Weight Bearing Exercise
- Get Grounded
Follow the Natural Remedies for Osteoporosis guidelines below for bone to bone healing and to strengthen your whole structural system.
Osteoporosis Natural Treatment
Here is the best Osteoporosis Natural Treatment, that will help you build natural bone density and prevent fractures:
- Vitamin D3 – The sunshine vitamin is the top natural supplement that can help you not only prevent but even reverse osteoporosis. It affects bone density as well as natural immunity.
- Calcium Orotate Magnesium (This is the most absorbable type)
- Shilajit (natural mineral high in fulvic acid and humic acid that prevents calcium breakdown in your body and improves natural calcium absorption)
- Weight bearing exercises (like standing against a wall and bending your knees till they are at a 90 degree angle. You can even do this in water if it has not healed enough to do it.)
- Get Grounded! Stand with bare feet on the grass – wet grass is even better, or dirt or even concrete – no asphalt. The earth has an electro-magnetic field that actually heals our bodies and bones. Wear grounded or earthed shoes when you go outside.
- Menopause? Then get the Rainbow Light Menopause Vitamins which has all the supplements just mentioned and then some. They are whole food based too and can really help build healthy bones and skin, and balance hormones naturally.
- Natural sunlight exposure or full spectrum lighting!
- Eat as many green vegetables as you can (natural calcium is always the best) eat pineapple and papaya (or the enzymes) and drink alkaline water or get an alkaline water ionizer and make it at home. Don’t drink tap water as the acidity in tap water, reverse osmosis water and distilled water cause disease and inflammation – alkaline is important!
Best Calcium Supplement
Choose the best calcium supplement you can get! Intracal is a natural Calcium Orotate combined with magnesium is the most absorbable type, much better than calcium carbonate which is classified as “junk calcium” that can end up in your joints as spurs instead of in your bones like it shoud!
You can also combine that with earthing or grounding and it will speed up the bone to bone union a lot quicker. You can also stimulate it more with an electrical device called the Clark Zapper or using powerful healing neodymium magnets.
You can even have a pet, particularly a cat sit on your lap on your femur. It is a proven fact that their purr vibrates at 25 hertz or cps (cycles per second) and it causes your bone to heal faster! Amazing but true. I know this will really help you get greater bone density and enjoy a better quality of life too!